Who Can Help with Fire Damage Restoration in Manassas after an Electrical Fire?
Watching your house contents being engulfed by flames and your family put at risk, can be frightening. However, SERVPRO professionals have decades of experience in the restoration industry. Our technicians can stop further fire damage, salvage most of your valuable items, and get your property to its preloss state.
What precautions should I take?
Before you get into the affected property, wait for the local authorities to deem your property safe for re-entry. Contact our franchise within 48 hours to help with any size of fire damage in your Manassas home. If you have to get into the property, try to avoid:
- Getting into the property before the relevant authorities declare it safe
- Surfaces with soot and smoke residues to minimize spreading
- Trying to restore the affected area
What are the first steps for fire damage mitigation?
Before we begin the restoration process, we inspect the affected area thoroughly to get a clear picture of the damage intensity. Our team of technicians can use pre-testing of upholstery, fabrics, and porous materials to ensure application of the correct cleaning products.
Can restorers clean valuables with soot?
We ensure to clean and repair our customer’s contents in our off-site warehouse. Our experts can use the immersion technique for delicate items using the ultrasonic cleaner to remove soot and smoke residues. The cleaning technique uses sound waves to form and implode bubbles. The collapsing bubbles produce energy and water movement, which eliminates the soot residues on the items.
With our innovative skills and state-of-the-art equipment, fire damage restoration should be hassle-free. Contact SERVPRO of Manassas can bring your home back to life, “Like it never even happened.” Talk to us today at (703)656-9028.
Stormwater Extraction from Manassas Homes Happens Fast with SERVPRO
How Can SERVPRO Help in Storm Water Extraction From Manassas Homes?
Storm water extraction from your Manassas home can be difficult due to the presence of debris and particulate matter. SERVPRO techs use advanced tools that can remove storm water quickly and efficiently to reduce the impact of water damage..
SERVPRO techs use centrifugal pumps for storm water extraction from flooded Manassas homes. The pumps convert rotational energy from a motor to move fluid. SERVPRO techs use several types of centrifugal pumps, including-
- Self-priming trash pumps
- High-pressure pumps
- Electric submersible pumps
How do SERVPRO Techs Choose the Right Pump During Water Removal Services?
SERVPRO techs consider several factors before deciding which pump to use to extract floodwater from your home-
- Does the water contain solids: If the floodwater contains solids, techs use self-priming trash pumps that allow the passage of solids of up to 3”.
- How much suction lift is required: If the fluid needs to travel more than 25 feet of distance, SERVPRO techs often use high-pressure pumps.
- The flow-rate requirements: If a higher flow rate is required, SERVPRO techs use a high-capacity pump to remove several gallons of water per minute (GPM).
What is a Diaphragm Pump?
Most centrifugal pumps become inoperable if air enters the hose during operation, bringing the water removal process to a halt. SERVPRO techs use a different type of pump called a diaphragm pump to prevent this from happening. Although these are not used often, they can remove water to near zero depth as they are designed not to lose prime even if air enters the pump.
Call us today! SERVPRO of Manassas 703-655-9028.
Tropical Storm... What To Do?
It is important you and your family stay safe and prepared, below are some tips on how to do so:
How to Prepare for Tropical Storm Henri-
- Be informed- make sure you are receiving alerts, warnings, and public safety information before, during, and after emergencies.
- Learn if you live in a hurricane evacuation zone- if you do, make a plan to evacuate
- Learn whether your property is in a flood-prone or high-risk area via the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) flood maps.
- Create and commit to memory your family emergency plan and discuss it with them.
- Assemble an emergency kit with what you will need such as food, water, medication, and communication.
- Prepare for possible power outages and blocked streets.
- Take photos or videos of your personal property and store these records in a safe place.
- Prepare your home with temporary plywood covers to protect windows and sliding doors if possible.
Create a Plan-
- Pick more than one safe place in your home where you can go if there is an emergency.
- Pick two ways to get out in case you have to leave, and keep these exits clear.
- Pick a place for your family to meet in case you are separated -- one in and one outside your neighborhood.
- Pick a place where you can stay in case you must evacuate your home.
- Make a plan to keep your pets safe if there is an emergency.
- Know how to turn off the electricity, gas and water in your home.
- Take photos of possessions inside and outside your home in case you need them for insurance purposes.
Once it's over?
Once a hurricane is underway, the experts urge people to avoid driving and stay indoors. Flooding and damaging winds can make traveling extremely dangerous. Nearly 90% of all hurricane-related deaths involve water, according to the National Weather Service.
If you must travel, experts warn not to walk or drive through flowing water. Six inches of swiftly moving water can knock you off of your feet and cars can be swept away in just two feet of moving water. Stay safe and stay informed, SERVPRO will be there for you after the storm.
What NOT To Do
During a storm, flood water can invade your home and cause considerable damage to your property. However, your main priority should always be to get yourself, your family members, and your pets to safety. Once the storm has passed, you can return to assess the damage and begin the cleanup process. Here are four things you should not do when returning to the site of a flood.
1. Make Contact With the Water
Floodwater can contain many different types of contaminants including bacteria, viruses, chemicals, and debris. Help protect your skin from harmful water by wearing rubber boots and gloves and keeping your hands and face from making contact with the water. If contact occurs despite your best efforts, wash immediately with soap and clean water.
2. Enter Standing Water
After a flood, homes, yards, streets, and other areas can be covered in standing water. Powerful winds often accompany heavy storms, so it is not uncommon to find downed powerlines after a storm. Since water from a flood is usually murky, you cannot always tell what lies beneath the surface. If the water has been electrically charged, you could experience an electric shock if you enter a flooded home. Rubber boots will help protect against the risk of electrocution.
3. Let the Water Sit
The longer water sits, the more time bacteria have to multiply. When items are left to sit in water for long periods of time, the structural integrity of those items can begin to break down. The water should be safely extracted as soon as possible. By cleaning the water faster, you can help to lessen any water damage to your home. Since mold can begin forming in as little as 24 to 48 hours, it is important to begin the drying process as soon as the water has been extracted.
By following a few precautions, you can help keep yourself safe from the dangers of floodwater.
If you have experienced a flood or any type of water damage in Manassas, a professional flood restoration company can help get your home back to its pre-flood condition. Give our team a call at 703-656-9028.
It's Time For Spring Cleaning
Call to schedule for your spring cleaning services!
Nothing beats that feeling of accomplishment when you get a head start on spring cleaning. Spring Cleaning can be overwhelming to try and get everything done. Let SERVPRO of Manassas help lighten the load! Not only is spring cleaning a great way to reset, but the yearly chore also gets rid of any accumulated dust and dander before allergy season reaches full swing. Cleaning your home from top to bottom may never become effortless however, you can make the project more manageable by planning ahead. SERVPRO of Manassas provides general/deep cleanings, carpet cleaning, odor removal, air quality testing, and mold remediation that can help get your house sparkly clean. Take a minute and smell the fresh air on a lovely spring day and let SERVPRO of Manassas do your household spring cleaning.
Let Us Know How We Are Doing?!
Provide your feedback and let us know!
Here at SERVPRO of Manassas we strive to provide the highest quality and most efficient services to our customers no matter the size. No matter what your expectations are our SERVPRO team will strive to exceed them. Providing our customers with a positive experience after a disaster and getting your business back to normal is our top priority!
As a large team we understand you want to know how great our employees are before choosing to use our services. If you have been serviced by SERVPRO of Manassas but haven't left a review yet there is still time! We would love for you to share your SERVPRO experience with our past, present and future customers.
Click here to share your experience.
Its storm season which increases the probability of high winds and rain that lead to the risk of storm damage to your property. SERVPRO of Manassas is faster to any size disaster and will help you step by step through the restoration process.
What if a tree falls on my house?
- Instead of worrying about calling individual services like electricians, tree removal and plumbers, simply make one call to SERVPRO of Manassas and we will find the right service providers including a system that each Technician has been fully trained to follow.
- Do not re-enter the property without being advised to do, so. Do not worry about your personal belongings. We will make sure that your home is secured until repairs are complete. If items need to be removed, we can facilitate that process and make sure the belongings are returned to their original place.
- Evacuate the property
Storm Damage Restoration
Many homeowners like to be fully informed about the restoration process. We want you to have peace of mind and feel good about trusting SERVPRO of Manassas with your cleanup and restoration.
- Ensure the tree and tree debris is removed from the property.
- Secure the roof with a temporary tarp to prevent no further damage inside.
- Make sure any tree debris indoors has been removed.
- Assess damage and ensure demolition of damaged areas including ceilings and walls.
- Spray exposed surfaces an antimicrobial agent
Our #1 priority is to make storm damage as stress free as possible.
Hurricane Tips & Tricks
Here’s a few tips and tricks to better prepare!
- Before the Storm: Gather food, water, medicines and power supplies. Organize supplies into a Go-Kit and a Stay-at-Home Kit. Keep personal, financial, and medical records safe. Anchor objects that would be unsafe to bring inside, such as gas grills and propane tanks. Trim or remove trees close enough to fall on your home. Stockpile protective materials such as plastic sheeting and sandbags. Consider elevating the heating system, water heater, and electric panel.
- During the Storm: Take refuge in a small interior room, closet, or hallway on the lowest level during the storm. Put as many walls between you and the outside as you can. Stay away from windows, skylights, and glass doors. If the eye of the storm passes over your area, there will be a short period of calm, but at the other side of the eye, the wind speed rapidly increases to hurricane force winds coming from the opposite direction. So, make sure you stay secured and connected to what’s going on.
- After the Storm: Stay out of floodwater! Floodwater can contain many things that may harm health, including germs, dangerous chemicals, human and livestock waste, wild or stray animals, and downed power lines among other things. If the power is out, use flashlights instead of candles. If you must use candles, keep them away from anything that can catch fire. Watch out for fallen power lines that may be hanging overhead. Stay clear of fallen power lines. Call the electric company to report them. Always make sure it is safe to leave before you try to evacuate the area.
Moisture in Commercial Buildings
Moisture problems in commercial settings can be caused by a variety of conditions, including increased humidity, condensation, and roof and plumbing leaks. High humidity at 60% and above is the leading cause of commercial moisture problems. Some moisture problems in buildings have been caused by changes in building construction practices during the past twenty to thirty years. These changes have resulted in more tightly sealed buildings that may not allow moisture to escape easily. Moisture issues are also associated with delayed maintenance or insufficient maintenance, due to budget and other constraints. Temporary structures, such as trailers and portable classrooms, have frequently been associated with moisture and mold problems.
If you suspect any moisture issues in your facility, contact your local SERVPRO of Manassas. We have handle commercial and residential facilities and can service you quickly and efficiently. "Like it never even happened."
A fire is one of the most destructive elements of nature and can turn a habitable home into a heap of dust within a short amount of time. Even though there are proactive methods to control the destruction of the house, you cannot snub the damage that may have already occurred. Not only do the flames from a fire cause charring on things like cabinets, but you would be looking at the smoke, which causes widespread damage. The smoke penetrates carpets, clothing, furniture, upholstery, and other porous materials. The ultimate goal of fire restoration in damaged homes is to reinstate the property and contents to pre-incident condition, leaving a clean and safe environment. If cleaning is not done properly, the smoke odor lingers, and further ruin can occur to your contents and structure. SERVPRO professionals start by evaluating the situation, including the extent of the damage, to know what they are dealing with. Depending on the situation, our crews can use onsite and offsite techniques to restore your home. Onsite restoration may include the removal of odor particles using the following equipment:
- Air Scrubbers
- Thermal Fogging
- Ozone Treatments
Cleaning Smoke Damage
Only some restoration projects require a pack out. Some contents can be manipulated and cleaned within their respective spaces. SERVPRO crews might even clean items onsite and then move them to a designated area that has not been affected to be stored. However, when cleanup requires multiple treatments, contents could be packed and taken to the Franchise Warehouse for cleaning.
SERVPRO of Manassas knows rebuilding a fire damaged home can be stressful, but you don't have to face fire restoration alone. Call us at (703)656-9028. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.